- What are cookies?
The term “cookies” refers to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be automatically collected. An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer and/or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed. Cookies are installed through a Web-server request to a browser (e.g. Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera).
Once installed, cookies have a fixed lifetime, remaining “passive” in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user whose device they have installed. A cookie consists of two parts: the cookie name and the content or the cookie value. From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with that web-server.
- Purposes of use for cookies
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely:
- Improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur while it is being visited / used by users;
- providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used by the website administrator;
- Anticipating possible future bonuses that will be made available to users through this website, depending on the services / products accessed.
- the language in which a web page is viewed;
- the currency in which certain prices or tariffs are expressed;
- facilitating access to users’ accounts;
- posting comments on the site.
- Cookies life span
Cookie life may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that determine their life span:
- “Session Cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes his browser.
- “Permanent Cookie” or “Fixed Cookie” is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a specific expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days, or several years) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through browser settings.
- Cookies placed by third parties
- Types of cookies. Information stored by cookies
By using / visiting the website the following cookies may be placed:
- Website performance cookies: memorize the preferences of the user of this website, so that re-setting preferences for subsequent web site visits is no longer required.
- User analysis cookies: informs whether a particular user of the website has previously visited / used this previous web site, from which site the user comes and on which site the user leaves; these cookies are used for statistical purposes only.
- “geo-targeting” cookies: used to automatically determine the country of origin of the user of the website; Based on the location, the visitor will be shown the same ads (for the detected location) regardless of the selected language.
- Recording Cookies: When a user registers on this site, cookies are generated that memorize this request; servers use these cookies to show your webmaster the account with which you are registered; the use of these cookies allows you to associate any comments posted on the website with the username of the account used; if the “keep me signed” option is not selected, these cookies will be automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session.
- Advertising cookies: Advertiser cookies that allow viewing by a user of an online ad, its type, and the time elapsed since it was viewed by that advertiser; such cookies are used to target online advertising; these cookies are anonymous, storing information about the viewed content, not about users.
- Cookies mode of operation
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows for browser recognition. This website recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
- Customize your cookie browser settings
If the computer or technical equipment used to browse this website is used by several people, the setting for deleting individual browsing data can be considered whenever the browser is closed.
- Disable cookies
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, resulting in limitations to its use. Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a particular webpage. All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the browser’s “options” or “preferences” menu. However, denying or disabling cookies does not mean you will not get online advertising – but it will not be adapted to your preferences and interests highlighted by your browsing behavior.
- Final provisions
The terms and conditions of this Policy may be updated / changed periodically. We will post any substantial changes to this Policy through appropriate notifications either on this website or by contacting you through other channels of communication. For any additional questions about how cookies are used through this website, please contact us through our contact details on the website’s contact page.