Chambers and Partners, European Edition
“The lawyers are business-oriented and give you solutions, rather than just raising issues.” – Chambers Europe, 2016 Edition
Leroy şi Asociaţii’s real estate lawyers are involved in real estate acquisition, development and construction as well as financing projects in the Romanian market. We advise investors, developers, contractors and financial institutions, by combining valuable expertise gained by our multidisciplinary team of specialists in real estate, M&A and financing with a sound knowledge of the relevant legal framework.
- Our lawyers regularly assist investors in real estate acquisitions in Romania regarding various types of projects, from agricultural and forestry lands to intra-muros lands and buildings.
- We carry out due diligence on the targeted real estates and draft and negotiate the acquisition documents.
Property Development and Construction
- Our lawyers advise on the legal feasibility of development projects, carry out due diligence and provide specific legal advice on regulatory issues, urban planning and environmental protection procedures.
- We advise on the various authorisations, approvals and permits necessary for the construction and development of real estate projects.
Leases & Co-ownership
- Our lawyers regularly assist clients with drafting and negotiating pre-lease and lease agreements for commercial, office and industrial premises, as well as co-ownership rules for complex projects.
Real Estate Finance
- We have extensive experience in assisting clients on complex real estate finance transactions.
- Our lawyers advise on structuring and drafting the transactions and also on negotiating loan and security documents.
- Advising the Romanian subsidiary of a leading international tyres manufacturer on the acquisition of a 200,000 sqm plot of land for expanding its production capacity in Romania.
- Advising a French investor on the acquisition of 1,300 hectares of agricultural land for the production of cereals and of the related storage and processing facilities in Romania.
- Advising a specialised forestry investment fund on the acquisition of several forestry plots, with a surface area of over 5,000 hectares, following complex legal due diligence reviews covering restitution issues, including forestry management plans, contracts with forestry units, environmental issues and post-acquisition regulatory matters.
- Advising a leading hypermarket operator on the contractual documentation required for the lease of new hypermarket premises and for the construction of a new retail park outside Bucharest.
- Advising a global player in the automotive industry on drafting and negotiating lease agreements for three new industrial units in Romania.
- Advising a European leader in the retail industry on the development of its hypermarket network.
- Advising the French School of Bucharest on all aspects related to the construction of its new premises and a EUR 15.8 million credit facility for financing the construction costs.
- Advising the mandated lead arrangers on a club deal for the development, construction and extension of an integrated project comprising a shopping centre, a shopping gallery, a major furniture store and A-class office buildings.
- Advising the world leader for corrective lenses on the drafting and negotiation of a lease agreement for office and deposit premises in a top office building in Bucharest.