“Leroy și Asociaţii is ‘particularly skilled in administrative law litigation’ such as competition and procurement disputes.” – Legal 500
Our Dispute Resolution team advises and represents clients in disputes arising in a broad range of business law areas, such as general civil and commercial law, corporate, mergers & acquisitions, banking & finance, public law, energy, insurance & transport, insolvency, competition & distribution, employment, real estate and intellectual property.
The team assists local and international clients in all stages of the disputes. Before disputes actually arise, our lawyers perform due diligence and risk audits and plan pre-litigation strategies. The members of the team regularly advise and assist clients during pre-litigation negotiations or alternative dispute resolutions procedures and, if such fail, they conduct litigation proceedings before national courts and arbitral tribunals. The team also assists clients in drafting settlement agreements and enforcing national and international arbitration awards or judgments and court orders in Romania.
In order to provide the best services to our clients, we have built a team consisting of the best specialists from each practice and combined their expertise with the know-how of our litigation lawyers.
- Advising a major operator in the Romanian natural gas market on a claim against the Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority where our client requested damages for the Authority’s failure to meet its legal obligations with regard to the setting of regulated prices for the supply of natural gas.
- Advising a group of 41 companies active in the wind energy field, in connection with the insolvency proceedings of this group of companies.
- Advising and representing the members of highly reputed and high-competence entities in the field of research and nuclear physics, in a series of litigation cases concerning the performance of a public procurement contract.
- Advising and representing a major operator in the international naval defence market with legal advice and representation in relation to several ongoing court disputes in which another participant to the procurement procedure has challenged its legality and in which our client has intervened to defend the contracting authority.
- Advising and representing one of the largest global energy players, in six disputes against the Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE) and against S.N.T.G.N Transgaz S.A., the technical operator of the Romanian National Transport System for natural gas.
- Advising and representing a major Oil & Gas player in a series of disputes initiated by two Romanian NGOs. We successfully represented the client throughout the entire procedure before the Bucharest Court of Appeal and have successfully managed the litigation in the second appeal phase before the High Court of Cassation and Justice.
- Asisting the a leading FMCG company in Turkey, with a tradition over 55 years in the confectionary business and a presence in over 40 countries worldwide, in a complex employment dispute involving a restructuring procedure.
- Advising an international company in the sector of manufacturing and marketing of jet fuel and aviation gasoline in a dispute with a former employee regarding the annulment of a dismissal decision.
- Advising a German company operating in the scrap metal recycling sector in connection with the exequatur of a decision rendered against a Romanian company by the International Court of Arbitration of the ICC in Paris.
- Advising a major electricity company on litigation related to a privatisation agreement concluded with a Romanian state-owned entity.
- Advising a US car manufacturer on a dispute between its Romanian importer and members of its dealership network.
- Advising a major truck manufacturer on a dispute with a former concessionaire.
- Advising an airline company, its insurer and reinsurers in connection with indemnification claims filed by passengers following an aircraft crash.
- Advising a major car manufacturer in connection with several court proceedings involving its minority shareholders.
- Advising a leading electric equipment group in connection with pre-litigation procedures initiated by one of its competitors in Romania, after having sent formal notices of infringement of industrial designs.
- Advising the Romanian subsidiary of a European gas company in a dispute concerning the supply and distribution of natural gas against one of the major natural gas suppliers in Romania.
- Advising a top Romanian bank, as creditor and in its capacity as president of the creditors committee, in the insolvency of the largest Romanian state owned hydro energy company.
- Advising an American packaging company on the recovery of receivables against an insolvent Romanian wine producer.
- Advising a French publisher before the Bucharest Court of Appeal in a litigation initiated by a Romanian author requesting the Romanian courts to ascertain the absence of copyright over a literary work.
- Advising a major French company in a challenge against a decision of the Romanian Competition Council regarding possible restrictive competition practices.